Thursday 3 April 2014

Thai Chicken in a Pinch

I need an appetizer ready in 15 minutes for someone stopping by for a drink. Think Shelley. There is nothing on hand like crackers to go with that hunk of cheese. No nachos and salsa.

But there is lots of frozen chicken. That's a start. I don't have time to skewer them and make a Thai dipping sauce, but I do have time to make something that resembles that.

Here's the recipe

1 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tsp olive oil
seasoning salt

Sauce

2 Tbsp peanut butter
3 Tbsp lime juice
5 or 6 drops Tabasco sauce (more depending on how much heat you like)
1 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)

Start with the chicken. Partially thaw in the microwave, just enough to get the knife through.

Heat frying pan to medium high and add the oil.

Meanwhile slice the chicken however you like it, and add it to the hot oil. Give a few shakes of seasoning salt just to give it flavour on one side.

Brown the chicken on both sides, should only take 3 or 4 minutes per side.

Mix up the sauce while the chicken is cooking.

I like to heat the sauce, but if I don't add brown sugar, I have to be very careful not to over cook. If omitting the brown sugar, save 1 Tbsp of lime juice to after you heat in the microwave for about 15 seconds.

If adding the brown sugar I heat in the microwave for 30 to 40 seconds, and it comes out steaming.

Give it a stir and serve.






Thai chicken in a pinch and less than 15 minutes. I have time to clean the kitchen counter, and have everything ready on the dining room table.

No comments:

Post a Comment