Friday 25 April 2014

Don't Mess With My Tuna Sandwich

My mother taught me to make a tuna sandwich, and I've been making them the same way ever since. Some things are just too good to change. White bread (maybe whole wheat), tin tuna packed in water, and Miracle Whip. And if they are going to an "event", crusts off and cut in fingers.

But when you haven't bought groceries other than produce since the first week of April, you start running out of things...like Miracle Whip.




So you improvise.

I'm not so sure about this...

I mean really...I don't even add crunch to the tuna that some people do....but I do today.

I have a red onion I've been picking away at...celery stalks...cucumber...and arugula.

Tuna in a Pita...Greek Style
(enough for 2 small pitas)
2 small pitas (should be very fresh so won't tear when opening)
1 tin chunk white tuna in water
2 Tbsp red onion, minced fine
1 celery stalk, cut up small
1 piece English cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
1 bunch arugula, chopped
1 square inch feta
1 -2 Tbsp low fat or fat free Greek salad dressing

Mix all together in a bowl.

Open the pita from one side, and stuff your mixture in; shake to the bottom; fold over the pita to seal.




What's that saying? 


Necessity is the mother of invention. 



I have a new way to make tuna sandwiches. 



Surprisingly tasty...and I would say I like them as much as the traditional way!
(Shelley)





No comments:

Post a Comment