Sunday 13 April 2014

Strawberry Mango Smoothie Cocktail

I thought perhaps I was onto something when I accidentally made a smoothie cocktail. But my good friend Google says otherwise.

Since it was Sunday afternoon, I decided to try another. I had a mango that was a little ripe, and strawberries that looked past their best before date so I whipped them together.

I learned my lesson about adding frozen fruit to this delicate little blender, and added a couple tablespoons of lime juice to give it some zing.

I still didn't have any fruit juice in the fridge, so I added yogurt and rum.




1 mango
6 large strawberries
100ml coconut Greek yogurt
rum (East Coast shots)


My first thought was I should have been using fresher fruit....but after a few sips it really didn't make a difference.













Was rather chilly today, but I bundled up and sat on the deck listening to my iPod enjoying the view for the first time this spring.
(Shelley)

No comments:

Post a Comment