Thursday 17 April 2014

Chicken Fingers and Fries



In my defence, they were in the produce department and they are edible...



It's was 4C this morning...and a windchill. I needed a little "spring" to start the long weekend...


They were on sale...


OK...yes...impulse...but they are pretty...I'll add them to a salad tomorrow.



Ross tells me I need more fibre in my diet...on Tuesdays.

Well it's not Tuesday, but I decided to see what I could do. A trial run so to speak...for next Tuesday.

I did very well today, hummus this morning and lots of fruit. And coffee...that's fibre...right?

I sometimes seem to have trouble at suppertime, including lots of fibre with the protein. Now that I have Ross hooked on baked veggies...time for me to move on to something else.




I've been trying to perfect sweet potato fries. This will be my third attempt at crispiness.

I started thinking about fries...chicken burgers...pub food...mmm...chicken fingers...












Baked Chicken Fingers and Sweet Potato Fries
(Pre-heat over to 400F)

1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into strips
salt
garlic powder
chill powder
cooking oil




Spray the cooking oil to coat the fries. Add in spices to taste, and toss to coat.

Cover a baking sheet with parchment (trust me...you don't want to skip this step)

Place the fries and spread evenly trying not to let them overlap.









1 boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup All-Bran cereal, crushed fine
1/4 tsp seasoning salt

Toss the chicken in the yogurt, and roll in the crushed cereal and seasonings.

Spray the bottom of a baking dish and lay in the coated chicken strips.


Bake both the fries and chicken at 400F for 25 -30  minutes. Turn fries once at 10 minutes.



Make a dipping sauce with 2Tbsp fat free sour cream and 1tsp curry powder.

Holy smokes....some good!

No comments:

Post a Comment