Friday 4 April 2014

Greek Salad

Thank you Ross for reminding me I hadn't had a Greek salad in quite some time! Your simple salad is the foundation for my Greek salad.

I remember my very first authentic Greek salad. I was with Ross and my son at a Greek restaurant in Tarpon Springs on the Gulf Coast of Florida. I think it was the biggest salad I had ever seen, but much to my dismay most of what made the salad so large was a huge scoop of potato salad hidden under the lettuce.

Not a fan of potato, I remember being left a little hungry.

Now I make my own, and it's a salad I will quite often order when out at a restaurant. So easy, and so good!





Greek Salad for 1 (no potato required)

4 inch slice English cucumber, seeds removed and cut in chunks
1 plum tomato - cut in chunks
40 oz - Feta cheese, crumbled
7 - Kalamata olives
3 thin slices - red onion
1-2 cups Romaine lettuce
2 Tbsp low fat Greek dressing

Mix all together and serve.


Coleslaw

1/2 cup shredded cabbage
1/4 cup shredded carrot
1 Tbsp Miracle Whip
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp white vinegar

Mix all together and refrigerate for about an hour.

Haddock was pan fried in about 1 Tbsp butter.



No comments:

Post a Comment