Thursday 13 March 2014

Shrimp Stir Fry

On her last visit to my place, Shelley rekindled my love of stir-fry.  I'm not a big fan of broccoli or Brussels sprouts, but they sure are tasty when mixed with onion, teriyaki sauce, and ginger.  Today, when I made this for supper, I used shrimp but chicken, pork, or beef are also good.  I bet tofu or paneer would also be nice -- I'll have to try those soon.

Shrimp Stir Fry

1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 Pound of Shrimp
1 Onion - Sliced
1 Red Pepper - Chopped
1/2 Cup of Mushrooms - Sliced
1 Cup Broccoli Florets
4 or 5 Brussels Sprouts - Sliced
4 Tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
1 Heaping tsp Minced Ginger
Sea Salt
Cracked Pepper



  • Heat oil in frying pan and sauté the shrimp.  When almost done, remove the shrimp and set aside.

  • Add the onions and mushrooms, let cook for a minute then add the red pepper.  You may need to add a couple tablespoons of water if the pan is too dry.

  • After another minute, add the broccoli.

  • Once the broccoli has turned a nice bright green, add the Brussels sprouts and the shrimp.

  • At the same time, mix the teriyaki sauce and ginger then toss with the veggies and shrimp.

  • Salt and pepper to taste.
(Ross)









No comments:

Post a Comment