Sunday 16 March 2014

Burger with Asiago Cheese

BBQ season is all year unless the snow is so deep on the deck I can't get out the door. The snow has melted but it was too windy to fire up the grill. A frying pan works well in a pinch.
The beef is extra lean, and loosely packed, cooked on medium heat. I cook mine until medium well done, and add a little cheese when I make the last flip. I have a $20 block of Asiago cheese from Costco, so it's getting added to everything these days including the burger today. I use Kaiser rolls, and lightly toast in the pan with the burger.
Once the cheese has started to melt, I take the bottom of the roll, and add a little ketchup and Miracle Whip, lettuce (whatever I have in the fridge, today it was spring mix) sliced tomatoes, the burger, and the top of the roll, with a little more ketchup and Miracle Whip (just so the bun sticks).
I paired it today with a Chardonnay, haha, the Guinness would have been better but I'm saving that for tomorrow!
Nothing better for a Sunday night supper. Almost feels like spring.

Shelley:)

No comments:

Post a Comment