Friday 28 March 2014

My Mango's Not Ripe

Pucker up baby! This sucker is sour. Now what do I do with a mango that's not ripe?

I know...I'll make mango salsa.





Here's the recipe:


1 mango (ripe or otherwise), diced
1 firm plum tomato, remove seeds and dice
1 clove garlic, minced fine
1 tsp shallot, minced fine
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp lemon pepper
cilantro, minced fine

Mix all together and refrigerate for at least an hour.






Now what do I want to cook that goes with mango salsa?

Salmon...after all it is Friday.




The recipe is for one salmon filet:

1/8 cup crushed crisp Chinese chow mein noodles
pinch kosher salt
1 Tbsp Greek yogurt, plain
2-3 tsp butter

Coat the salmon with the yogurt. You might get a little messy.

Once coated with the yogurt, roll the salmon in the chow mein noodles with the pinch of salt.

Heat a frying pan to medium heat, melt a tsp of butter and add the salmon. Cook about 4 minutes. Add another tsp of butter and flip the salmon. Cook another 4 minutes.



Yum!

Another alternative to a half lime is to buy the lime juice. I almost fell over when I saw the price of limes today. Fresh lime juice is available in most produce departments. Lets hope the price of those doesn't go up as quickly as the real fruit.
(Shelley)




No comments:

Post a Comment