Tuesday 25 March 2014

Pork Stir Fry

Love stir fry. Chicken or pork, whatever is handy. Today it's the pork I took from the freezer yesterday and didn't use. I usually have oyster, fish, or stir fry sauce on hand, but today I had none of the above. I decided to try something new and not make a sauce. Turned out pretty darned good.

I have a terrible habit of making too much, so I was very careful measuring out the portions.


Here's the recipe:

1/2 broccoli
1/2 cauliflower
1/2 cup snap sugar peas
1/2 cup shredded carrot
2 cloves garlic minced
4 oz sliced pork loin, fat trimmed
1/2 - 1 cup water (boiling)
2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
juice from 1/2 lime
cooking spray

Spray the frying pan with cooking spray and heat to medium. When oil is hot, add the pork and cook until browned.  remove pork and set aside.

Give the pan another good shot (about 2 seconds) of the cooking oil, and add the garlic. Saute just until starting to brown, add the vegetables and 1/2 cup of the water. If you have a lid for the pan, cover and let cook about 7 to 10 minutes. I tend to like mine a little crisp. Cook off the water.

If you are cooking uncovered, you may have to add more water as the vegetables cook.

Once the vegetables are cooked how you like them, add the pork, the soy sauce, and the lime juice.

Heat through.




Oops...technical difficulties! I think I was so excited to try the stir fry, I may have forgotten to take the picture of the finished product.

This is the calm before the storm. If the weather does what the reports say, everything will be white tomorrow and at least three feet deep.

Stay tuned....


No comments:

Post a Comment