Wednesday 19 March 2014

I Know it's not Friday

Fish again today. I don't know which is more my favourite, salmon or haddock. I've been sort of off cooking vegetables, and I really don't like potato so it was salad again today with the haddock.

I used the mixed greens I had, and added some arugula. I topped with broken pecans, dried cranberries, goat cheese, and a few croutons. The dressing I made with balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and olive oil.

I dredged the fish in a little flour and fried in a Tbsp (or so) of butter.

There are so many recipes for baked haddock, poached haddock, and haddock with sauce. I like the simple things when it comes to my haddock. I find that the sauce takes away from the taste of the fish rather than enhance.

I used to smother all my fish in white vinegar, and still do if I'm out ordering battered fish and chips. But I have refined my taste somewhat and now use lemon when cooking at home.

(Shelley)

No comments:

Post a Comment