Wednesday 7 May 2014

Tuna in a Tin

I refer back to my post "Don't Mess with my Tuna Sandwich", and crave that tuna mixed with regular Miracle Whip in white bread, crusts removed and cut into fingers.

We almost always knew which sandwiches were the tuna, because the egg sandwiches were cut in triangles. And we didn't eat any other kind...or not very often.

And here I go again making tuna sandwiches without the miracle whip...and enjoying them!

Yesterday's lunch was a tuna wrap using mashed avocado to hold the tuna together.

Today I used up the tin of tuna and made a salad.




Tuna and Avocado in a Pita (for two)
2 small pitas
1 tin tuna, packed in water (discard the water)
1 avocado
1 celery stalk, chopped
2 inch piece English cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
lime juice


Mash the tuna and avocado together.

Add the lime juice. The lime keeps the avocado from turning brown.




Mix in the celery and cucumber.


Very carefully open the pitas, and spoon half the mixture in each.


Fold over, and cut in half...or not.


Enjoy!




Mango...my new favourite fruit!



And this week they were buy one get one free.



I usually just eat it plain...but I wondered how it would taste with the tuna.
Not a very obedient Hedgehog





Tuna Salad 
1 mango, diced
1 tin tuna, packed in water (discard the water)
1 avocado, diced
1/2 lime, just the juice.










Mix all together.

Another success! (Shelley)


Note: Although avocados are very good for you, about 85% of the calories come from fat. Following the Weight Watchers point diet, avocados can use up points quickly. It was important for me to add free fruits or vegetables, and only use 1/2 an avocado with each meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment