Monday 26 May 2014

About the Oatmeal...

I bought a bag of quick oats to make oatmeal cookies, or at least a healthier version of them.

The recipe is being worked a few different ways and I'll be ready to share soon.

The bag of oats I left in the kitchen...sitting on the counter. This morning...it's calling to me...make oatmeal for breakfast!



So I did...I hadn't had my second cup of coffee and wasn't thinking clearly...obviously...

I have not yet learned my lesson when it comes to making quick oats for breakfast.


I didn't like them last year...last month...this morning.


Why do I keep trying them...especially now after having the steel cut which are so much more substantial. Eating the quick oats reminds me of the pablum I used to make Nick eat as a baby. Poor kid!





But I didn't want to waste the boiling water, so I sprinkled a little brown sugar and cut up a few strawberries and scarfed them down.

Crockpot is set tonight...back to the steel cut tomorrow!
(Shelley)


No comments:

Post a Comment