Friday 23 May 2014

French Toast



A lot of weekends I have a late breakfast that ends up being brunch.


So I can splurge a little and combine the points I would use for two meals into one.


French toast is something I would make on one of those days.


And with Father's Day approaching, here's a healthier version using egg white instead of a whole egg.



French Toast
Italian or French bread, cut into 3/4 inch slices
egg whites
salt to taste
butter for frying
selection of fresh fruit
syrup

Heat the butter in a frying pan on medium heat.

Add the egg whites to a bowl, and give a few good beats with a fork. I used 1/2 cup egg whites for 4 slices of bread.

Coat both sides of the bread and add to the hot butter.

After about 3 minutes, turn the bread and cook the other side. Add more butter if needed.

I add the salt after the last flip, or once it's on the plate.

Any favourite syrup can be used, my preference is corn syrup.

A healthier choice would be cottage cheese with the fresh fruit!
(Shelley)




No comments:

Post a Comment