Wednesday 28 May 2014

Pita Pocket Ham Wrap

Did you know...that the Pita is an ancient Mediterranean flatbread?

They are baked a short amount of time at a high heat which makes the puff out.

I must try making them sometime.


So this week I'm on sandwiches.


I need a low point, filling lunch, otherwise I resort to over-snacking during the afternoons.


Pitas are low points, and room to add lots of free filling.




I found a lean version of Black Forest ham which is very tasty. Add veggies, cheese, and a fat free dressing and BAM....a nice healthy lunch.

I buy pitas in bulk at Costco, and freeze a couple packages. I try to stay on the healthier side and get whole wheat...but Monday my hand strayed to the white pitas.

I use a low calorie marble cheese, and a fat free Italian dressing. I even stuffed a little parsley in there.
(Shelley)

No comments:

Post a Comment