Tuesday 20 May 2014

The Last of the Leftover Chicken

Roasting the chicken seemed like such a good idea at the time.  Lots of leftover chicken plus I get to make soup.  Oh the things I take for granted when I have two working hands.  I guess I should have just eaten the drumsticks while they were warm.  Getting the meat off the bone without getting chicken grease all over my arm cast turned out to be rather trying.  Luckily, the dogs appear used to hearing me curse.

I want chicken salad (easy to mix with one hand) but it needs to be fun and interesting.  Guacamole!
(Ross)

Guacamole Chicken Salad
1 to 2 cups of Cooked Chicken
3 tbsp Guacamole
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped tomato
  • Combine the above ingredients, mixing until the guacamole coats the other items.
  • Use in sandwiches, wraps, salads, or what ever strikes your fancy.







For me, I decided on Guacamole Chicken Melts ....


  • Split and toast and English muffin or two.
  • Pile some of the chicken salad onto the toasted halves.
  • Top with some grated cheddar.
  • Place under the broiler for a couple of minutes -- just until the cheese melts.  Watch very carefully to make sure they don't burn.
  • Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment