Thursday 15 May 2014

Mid Week Martini...with Leftover Pork


I've never made a martini.

I've used martini glasses for something I've made.

I've made things that might resemble a martini...

But I've never made a martini...until now...

Vodka and vermouth...

I should have known something was up when I bought the vermouth (which is found with the Tequila by the way) and it cost similar to a bottle of wine. What is this stuff anyway?

Well it is wine of a sort...with herbs, roots, and bark added.

Open the bottle and give it the sniff test...hmm...doesn't smell like something I'm going to love.

The starting of a pork Fajita


But since this is leftover pork day I decide to proceed.

And I'm glad I did! I'm not really sure why I've never had one of these lovely drinks before now.

Vodka Martini
1 shot glass of vodka
3/4 shot glass of vermouth
3 olives on a wooden pick

(No regular olives so the ones with the garlic get added)

I decide on a Fajita for my first day of leftovers.









Warm Pork Wraps

pork, julienned and warmed
cheddar (mine was in the freezer so looks rather sorry)
1 avocado, mashed
1 Tbsp sour cream per wrap
lettuce
a few drops red wine vinegar
8 or ten inch tortilla wraps (I use 8 inch whole wheat)









Warm the tortilla wrap for about 10 seconds in the M/W on high.

Start layering with the cheese so it will melt against the warn tortilla.

Add the pork, avocado, sour cream and lettuce.

Add a few drops of red wine vinegar, or a favourite salad dressing. (BBQ sauce or strong dressing might hide some of the other flavours)

Fold in the ends and wrap the tortilla.




Ingredients are a matter of choice. I make chicken fajitas quite often, and usually add salsa or tomato, and cucumber. Since my pantry and fridge are beginning to look more reasonable I realized I didn't have any salsa.

The wrap was very mild in flavour. Would be good with a side of spicy sweet potato fries.


No comments:

Post a Comment