Tuesday 1 July 2014

BBQ Pork Vietnamese Style

And to think I wasn't going to make this since we are getting ready to take down the tent and move on...

This recipe was supposed to be yesterday, but I neglected to read the instructions through and initially missed the part that said marinate overnight or 24 hours.

I kept the pork chops intact rather than cutting up the meat and either adding to skewers, or grilling in a basket that I don't have.

The result...I can't say enough about how flavourful and juicy. Definitely on the list to make again!

Vietnamese BBQ Pork
(enough marinade for 4 pork chops)
1 shallot, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp lemon thyme, chopped
1 Tbsp lemon balm
1 Tbsp lemon pepper
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp canola oil

The lemon thyme, lemon balm, and lemon pepper were all used as a substitute since I didn't have lemon grass.


Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, and add to a heavy baggie.

Add the pork chops, and coat well.

Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Flip the baggie every few times you open the fridge.

Remove from the baggie, and cook on high heat on an outdoor grill.





Serve with any vegetables or salad of your choice. I made a quick salad with cabbage, carrot, onion, and a sprinkle of peanuts. I used a store bought Asian dressing.
(Shelley)

No comments:

Post a Comment