Tuesday 22 July 2014

Chilli Chicken Kabobs






















I'm always on the hunt for a good BBQ sauce or marinade recipe.

Then I use it once...say "that was awesome"...and never use it again.

Usually I can't find the little piece of paper I wrote it on.

I have a jar of the Kenyan spice rub and have used it a few times. It's good on pork...best on chicken, not a fan of it on beef.

And now I have a new marinade from an Australian cookbook I bought off Amazon.

I was a little skeptical at first since it was only 99 cents, but if all I use from it is the marinade I definitely got my money's worth.

The recipe is listed as a marinade for prawns and scallops, but I decided to "give it a burl" on chicken and pork.

So good...a little spicy but a dipping sauce made of sour cream would cut the heat. I doused the flames with lots of water.

Chilli Marinade

1 garlic clove, crushed or rough chop
1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp chilli powder
1 Tbsp lite soy sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in cubes (or pork would work as well)






Mix all the ingredients, add the chicken and marinate refrigerated for an hour.

















Thread chicken pieces onto skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes if using wooden).






BBQ on high heat, turning every few minutes.

This is definitely a keeper....and I know where to find the recipe for next time!
(Shelley)

No comments:

Post a Comment