Thursday 17 July 2014

Drunken Shrimp

I found this great site with lots of old and new Aussie recipes, and it includes slang and humour.

http://www.oldaussierecipes.com


A lot of the recipes on this website are similar to what we would make here, I found one that used Vermouth.

Not something I would have thought to add to make a sauce, and I don't usually have Vermouth on hand.

I bought it for my "martini" phase which lasted two drinks...the bottle was actually dusty when I got it out. No nasty comments please...

So onto my shrimp and vermouth...it was good. I would make it again and serve it to guests...not on a favourite list. I prefer shrimp with a little tang.








Drunken Shrimp
1 lb shrimp (I used cooked but raw would work as well)
2 Tbsp butter
1 shallot or onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
chopped parsley
1/2 cup Vermouth











Melt the butter in a frying pan, add the onion / shallot and garlic.

Stir until golden being careful not to burn.

Stir in shrimp (if using raw stir until cooked through and pink), parsley, salt and pepper.





Stir in Vermouth. Heat to bubbly. Serve with rice or noodles.
(Shelley)





No comments:

Post a Comment