Monday 30 June 2014

Honey Ginger Chicken




Wow...two from me today...I'm on a roll. Not really...the rolls were last week.




I made a few edits to this recipe. Mostly because I didn't have the ingredients. I love making chicken dishes and this one caught my eye because of the honey. 

Honey Ginger Chicken
1 Tbsp canola oil
1 shallot, chopped fine
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bit size pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced fine
1 Tbsp grated ginger
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp lite or low sodium soy sauce 

1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves



Heat the canola oil in a non stick frying pan on medium high heat.

Add the shallots and cook until translucent. 


Add the chicken. 

When the chicken just starts to brown, add the garlic and grated ginger. 

Turn down heat to medium low. Cook chicken, stirring to ensure all sides are browned. 


Once the chicken is cooked through, make the sauce. 

Add the honey, fish sauce, soy sauce cloves, and cinnamon. 

Stir well and remove from heat.

Serve with rice or vermicelli rice noodles.
(Shelley)

No comments:

Post a Comment