Thursday 19 June 2014

Skinny Tortilla Rolls

Oh boy...where do I start with this one.

There are so many possible fillings. These are a staple appetizer at any party...at least here on the East Coast.


The filling I use most of the time was inspired by a little deli that was in Spring Garden Place Mall when I worked in the office tower there.

A cheese roll they made at Christmas, that I tried to replicate and eventually it became the filling for the tortilla rolls.

I change it a bit from time to time, but not by much, and I revert back to the original.

They are just so good!



Skinny Tortilla Rolls

filling
1 pkg light cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 - 1/2 cup old cheddar, shredded
2 garlic cloves, minced fine
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1-2 Tbsp brandy (can substitute milk)
3-4 sprigs chives, chopped




Mix all ingredients together an keep in refrigerator.


Filling is best if made a day or two ahead.



When ready to make, spread filling thinly over tortilla, and roll up. Slice in rounds.









Always eat the ends!












I added a little pineapple to one of the rolls.

Chop the pineapple very small, and squeeze out juice through a paper towel.

Sprinkle over top of the filling before rolling.
(Shelley)







No comments:

Post a Comment