Monday 1 September 2014

Kisir

It's kind of like tabbouleh. I thought perhaps there wouldn't be as much preparation, but I was wrong.



It caught my eye because of the cumin.

I'm determined to like it.

The recipe makes a huge amount, and is partially cooked so I doubt it will keep too long in the refrigerator.

It was my contribution to yet another get together...I think it was a hit.

This time I decided on something that is healthy...and then I parked myself in front of a cream cheese dip. Well I tried!

I do have enough for lunch tomorrow.

Will be a busy first work day of September and always nice to have something prepared in advance.

This will be my last recipe from Turkey...for now.




Kisir

1 cup bulgur wheat
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, diced
1 - 2 Tbsp tomato paste
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cumin
3-4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
4-5 green onions, diced
1 cup chopped parsley









Add the bulgur to a bowl and pour in two cups boiling water. Let stand at least 5 minutes.

In a medium sized pot, add the oil, onion, tomato paste, lemon juice, salt, and cumin.

Cook until the onions start to soften.











Wash and drain the bugler, and add to the onions.

Cook another 5 minutes.

Remove from heat, cover and set aside to cool.










When mixture is cool, add the tomatoes, green onions, and parsley.

Toss.

Serve with flatbread or crackers, or as a side. Best served cold.
(Shelley)







No comments:

Post a Comment