Sunday 7 September 2014

Max's Garden Salad

My intent was to start in Vietnam reviewing recipes...spring rolls to be exact. But I got a little sidetracked.



As I was wandering through the grocery store yesterday morning...looking for pumpkin puree for my cat (a long story), I noticed the display of Annapolis Valley produce.


We are so lucky to have such wonderful local produce this time of year, it seemed a shame to pass it by.

So I didn't...

I worked it around the Turkish Shepherd's Salad that Ross posted on August 20. I like how simple the dressing is...an enhancement to the veggies rather than taking over.

All ingredients were fresh, most local...the tomatoes from my deck...and I didn't measure a thing! I just started chopping and layered everything in a bowl.

When I was ready to serve, everything got tossed with a little olive oil, lemon juice, and fresh chopped basil.

I've named this salad after my cat...since he was the reason I was in the grocery store in the first place.

Max's Garden Salad
Romaine lettuce
Green beens, cut in pieces
Yellow beans, cut in pieces
Red onion, sliced
Mushrooms, sliced
English cucumber, seeded and chopped
Green pepper, seeded and chopped
Carrots, sliced
cherry tomatoes, halved
Feta cheese

Dressing - equal parts olive oil and lemon juice

Toss with the dressing just as you are ready to serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment