Friday 28 November 2014

Chile Inspired Chicken Breast

OK. It's taken me awhile...sorry guys.

Chile is proving to be harder than expected. Does this mean if I have an opportunity to visit this country in person I will starve? Hmmm...probably not.

I've spent some time looking through the menus of the 1500 plus restaurants that I could find online.

I narrowed the search down to a few that said "authentic" Chilean or Peruvian food. And then I found one that looked interesting.


Alaska salmon (in the South Pacific?) served with finely sliced cucumber, and Parmesan cheese. This dish was served with rice cooked in white wine. Yeah...now we are getting somewhere.

The one piece of salmon I had frozen, smelled like the Harbour when thawed, so on to Plan B.

Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast

Per chicken breast you will need:

1 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp finely shredded Parmesan cheese

Add a little olive oil to a frying pan, or use cooking spray. Heat to medium high.








Mix together the cheese and the yogurt, coat one side of the chicken breast.












Pan fry until well browned, just a few minutes. Turn down the heat, and flip the chicken.

Cook about five minutes more to cook all the way through.

The cooking time will vary depending on how thick the chicken breast is.






I usually flatten mine out to reduce the time in the pan. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken is done.












Basmati Rice with Wine and Turmeric

Basmati rice
White wine (I used Chilean since this was the theme)
Water
Turmeric
salt to taste

The ratio is equal parts rice, wine, and water. (1 cup rice, 1 cup wine, 1 cup water).
Boil together the liquids and add the rice and seasonings.

Turn down the heat and simmer until almost all the water is gone.

Turn off heat and let rice sit for about 10 minutes.
(Shelley)

No comments:

Post a Comment