Saturday 8 November 2014

Bienvenida a Chile





I made virtual reservations from Moscow where I was making my virtual Chicken Kiev to Santiago, Chile, where we will start the research for this Spanish country.

Thirty hours of travelling makes me weary just thinking about it.

I might need to virtually stop off at home for a much needed rest!

The Republic of Chile is located between in the Pacific Ocean and the Andes Mountains in South America.

Spain conquered this country from the Incas in the 16th Century, and became independent in 1818.

The cuisine is influenced mostly by what is available; seafood, beef, fruits and vegetables.


Having been conquered by Spain, recipes tend to have a Spanish flair, however other European countries have influenced the cuisine as well. (Germany, Italy, and France)

Chile is one of the world's largest producers of wine, and many of the local recipes include Chilean wine to enhance the flavour.

I can see a taste test in my future!

So let get on with it...Chile!

No comments:

Post a Comment