Tuesday 14 October 2014

Cucumber and Radish Salad

One of the things I've been enjoying about my 'travels' with Shelley is surfing for new recipes.  When I come across an interesting recipe, I like to see how many versions of it are out there -- often times, it's quite a few.  If it's something I want to make, I typically use a hybrid of the recipes I find and by reading through the ingredients, I try to imagine how it will taste.  Other considerations include 'what ingredients are readily available' and 'how much time and effort do I want to take'.

This recipe appealed to me at once even though I'm not a fan of dill; it's very flexible and I think could be used for a wide variety of salads.  To keep the fat low, I used fat free sour cream, but I made sure to buy one that was made from only milk and had no other additives.  This dish works best if the dressing is made ahead of time and refrigerated (over-night if possible), with the cukes and radish added just before serving.

Cucumber and Radish Salad

1/2 cup Good Fat Free Sour Cream
2 tbsp Fresh Dill - chopped
3 Green Onions or 1/2 a Small Red Onion
Sea Salt
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper

1 good sized English Cucumber
6 to 8 Radishes

  • Combine the sour cream and dill.
  • Chop the onion finely and add to the mix.
  • Season with salt and pepper then refrigerate
  • Slice the cucumber and radish then toss them together in a largish bowl.
  • Add the chilled dressing and stir to coat evenly.
  • Serve right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment