Friday 15 May 2015

Asparagus Sandwich

I'm just about "asparagussed" out. Time to move on to something else. I've eaten more asparagus in the last month or so than I have in my whole life. But it is tasty!

It's one of those veggies we didn't have growing up, so I don't think to put it in my shopping cart. It's not cheap...usually. The bag from Costco was reasonable, but the last bunch I bought at Sobeys was more than $8. Yikes!

But I couldn't go through that much asparagus and not make sandwiches...with cream cheese. One of my favourite treats when there's a party and sandwiches are called for. Or even good as an appetizer. Yum!

I use light cream cheese to cut down on the calories, and try to stick with whole wheat bread. I always cut the crusts off when making these and use minimal cream cheese. Since they are rolled you just need enough to make them stick when rolling them up.

There are a few sticks of asparagus left in the fridge which I will make into sandwiches tomorrow.

Then it's on to arugula! Stay tuned for a tasty salad I've been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment